α β γ δ ε ζ η θ ι κ λ μ ν ξ ο π ρ ς σ τ υ φ χ ψ ω Α Β Γ Δ Ε Ζ Η Θ Ι Κ Λ Μ Ν Ξ Ο Π Ρ C Σ Τ Υ Φ Χ Ψ Ω Ἷ Schließen Bewegen ?
Altgriechisch Wörterbuch - Forum
Ein Vater verhört seine Tochter #1 (407 Aufrufe)
Γραικύλος schrieb am 20.04.2021 um 15:15 Uhr (Zitieren)
Der Text besteht aus einer fiktiven Tagebucheintragung der Julia in der Verbannung, geschrieben auf Pandateria im Jahre 4 u.Z.
[...]
When I was led into the room, my father was standing, as if awaiting me. He motioned the guards to leave; and he looked at me for a long while before speaking.
For some reason, I observed him very closely for those moments. Perhaps, after all, I did know. His face was lined, and there were wrinkles of weariness around those pale eyes; but in the dimness of the room, the face might have been that of him whom I remembered from my childhood. At last I said:
“What strangeness is this? Why have you brought me here?”
Then he came forward and very gently kissed me on the cheek.
“You must remember,” he said, “that you are my daughter and that I have loved you.”
I did not speak.
My father went to the little desk in the corner of the room and leaned on it for a moment, his back toward me. Then he straightened, and without turning said to me:
“You know one Sempronius Gracchus.”
“You know that I do,” I said. “You know him also.”
“You have been intimate with him?”
“Father –“ I said.
Then he turned to me. In his face there was such a pain that I could not bear to look. He said: “You must answer me. Please, you must answer.”
“Yes,” I said.
“And Appius Pulcher.”
“Yes.”
“And Quinctius Crispinus and Cornelius Scipio?”
“Yes”, I said.
“And Jullus Antonius.”
“And Jullus Antonius”, I said. “The others –“ I said, “the others do not matter. That was a foolishness. But you know I love Jullus Antonius.”
My father sighed. “My child”, he said, “that is a matter that has nothing to do with love.” He turned away from me once again and picked some papers from his desk. He handed them to me. I looked at them. My hands were shaking. I had not seen the papers before – but now I saw names that I knew. My own. Tiberius’s. Jullus Antonius’s. Sempronius, Cornelius, Appius. And I knew then why I had been summoned before my father.

John Williams: Augustus. London 2003, pp. 269 sq.)

Antwort
Titel:
Name:
E-Mail:
Eintrag:
Spamschutz - klicken Sie auf folgendes Bild: Schwert

Aktivieren Sie JavaScript, falls Sie kein Bild auswählen können.