α β γ δ ε ζ η θ ι κ λ μ ν ξ ο π ρ ς σ τ υ φ χ ψ ω Α Β Γ Δ Ε Ζ Η Θ Ι Κ Λ Μ Ν Ξ Ο Π Ρ C Σ Τ Υ Φ Χ Ψ Ω Ἷ Schließen Bewegen ?
Altgriechisch Wörterbuch - Forum
Poimandres (764 Aufrufe)
Γραικίσκος schrieb am 05.09.2019 um 17:01 Uhr (Zitieren)
The Hermetica are a body of theological-philosophical texts written in late antiquity, but believed during the Renaissance (when they became well known) to be much older. Their supposed author, a mythical figure called Hermes Trismegistus, was thought to be a contemporary of Moses.

CORPUS HERMETICUM I

<Discourse> of Hermes Trismegistus: Poimandres

[1] Once, when thought came to me of the things that are and my thinking soared high and my bodily senses were restrained, like someone heavy with sleep from too much eating or toil of the body, an enormous being completely unbounded in size seemed to appear to me and call my name and say to me: “What do you want to hear and see; what do you want to learn and know from your understanding?”
[2] “Who are you?” I asked.
“I am Poimandres,” he said, “mind of sovereignty; I know what you want, and I am with you everywhere.”
[3] I said, “I wish to learn about the things that are, to understand their nature and to know god. How much I want to hear!” I said.
Then he said to me: “Keep in mind all that you wish to learn, and I will teach you.”
[4] Saying this, he changed his appearance, and in an instant everything was immediately opened to me. I saw an endless vision in which everything became light – clear and joyful – and in seeing the vision I came to love it. After a little while, darkness arose separately and descended – fearful and gloomy – coiling sinuously so that it looked to me like a <snake>. Then the darkness changed into something of watery nature, indescribably agitated and smoking like a fire; it produced an unspeakable wailing roar. Then an inarticulate cry like the voice of fire came forth from it.
[5] But from the light ... a holy word mounted upon the <watery> nature, and untempered fire leapt up from the watery nature to the height above. The fire was nimble and piercing and active as well, and because the air was light it followed after spirit and rose up to the fire away from earth and water so that it seemed suspended from the fire. Earth and water stayed behind, mixed with one another, so that <earth> could not be distinguished from water, but they were stirred to hear by the spiritual word that moved upon them.
[6] Poimandres said to me, “Have you understood what this vision means?”
“I shall come to know,” said I.
“I am the light you saw, mind, your god,” he said, “who existed before the watery nature that appeared out of darkness. The lightgiving word who comes from mind is the son of god.”
“Go on,” I said.
“This is what you must know: that in you which sees and hears is the word of the lord, but your mind is god the father; they are not divided from one another for their union is life.”
“Thank you,” I said.
[...]

(The Greek Corpus Hermeticum and the Latin Asclepius in a new English translation with notes and introduction, by Brian P. Copenhaver. Cambridge 1992, repr. 2000, pp. 1 sq.)

Das erinnert mich an die Vision des Heinrich Seuse - nur daß sie hier wortreicher, mitteilsamer geschildert wird, während Seuse über den eigentlichen Inhalt der Vision schweigt und lediglich die Wirkung auf ihn schildert.

Antwort
Titel:
Name:
E-Mail:
Eintrag:
Spamschutz - klicken Sie auf folgendes Bild: Sonnenuntergang

Aktivieren Sie JavaScript, falls Sie kein Bild auswählen können.