α β γ δ ε ζ η θ ι κ λ μ ν ξ ο π ρ ς σ τ υ φ χ ψ ω Α Β Γ Δ Ε Ζ Η Θ Ι Κ Λ Μ Ν Ξ Ο Π Ρ C Σ Τ Υ Φ Χ Ψ Ω Ἷ Schließen Bewegen ?
Altgriechisch Wörterbuch - Forum
φάρμακα Μιθριδάτεια (592 Aufrufe)
Γραικίσκος schrieb am 08.09.2019 um 16:56 Uhr (Zitieren)
Mithridates VI. Eupator Dionysos hat den Krieg gegen die Römer verloren und ist von seinem eigenen Sohn Pharnakes abgesetzt worden.
Mithridates then took out some poison that he always carried in his sheath with his sword, and mixed it. Then two of his daughters, who were still girls growing up together, named Mithridatis and Nyssa, who had been betrothed to the kings of Egypt and of Cyprus, asked him to let them have some of the poison first, and insisted strenuously and prevented him from drinking it until they had taken some and swallowed it.
The drug took effect on them at once; but upon Mithridates, although he walked about rapidly to hasten its action, it had no effect, because he had accustomed himself to other drugs by continually trying them as a means of protection against poisoners; and these are still called “Mithridatic drugs” (φάρμακα Μιθριδάτεια).
Seeing a certain Bituitus there, an officer of the Gauls , he said to him, “I have profited much from your right arm against my enemies. I shall profit from it most of all if you will kill me, and save from the danger of being led in a Roman triumph one who has been so many years the absolute monarch of so great a kingdom, but who is now unable to die by poison because, like a fool, he has used other drugs as antidotes. Although I have kept watch and ward against all the poisons that a man takes with his food, I have not provided against that most deadly of all poisons, which is to be found in every king’s house, the faithlessness of army, children and friends. (τὸ γὰρ δὴ χαλεπώτατον καὶ σύνοικον ἀεὶ βασιλεῦσι φάρμακον, ἀπιστίαν στρατοῦ καὶ παίδων καὶ φίλων, οὐ προειδόμην ὁ τὰ ἐπὶ τῇ διαίτῃ πάντα προϊδὼν καὶ φυλαξάμενος.)” Bituitus, much moved, rendered the king the service that he desired.

(Appian: Roman History, ed. by Horace White. Vol. II, Cambridge/Mass. – London 1912, reprinted 2005, pp. 454 sq.)

Re: φάρμακα Μιθριδάτεια
Γραικίσκος schrieb am 08.09.2019 um 18:19 Uhr (Zitieren)
Meine Frau versichert an Eides Statt, daß dieses quasi homöopathische Prinzip medizinisch nicht funktioniert, weil die meisten Gifte kumulativ wirken. Ausnahme: Alkohol; aber damit vergiftet ja kein Attentäter einen König.
Der Bericht wäre dann historisch nicht richtig.

Antwort
Titel:
Name:
E-Mail:
Eintrag:
Spamschutz - klicken Sie auf folgendes Bild: Helm

Aktivieren Sie JavaScript, falls Sie kein Bild auswählen können.