α β γ δ ε ζ η θ ι κ λ μ ν ξ ο π ρ ς σ τ υ φ χ ψ ω Α Β Γ Δ Ε Ζ Η Θ Ι Κ Λ Μ Ν Ξ Ο Π Ρ C Σ Τ Υ Φ Χ Ψ Ω Ἷ Schließen Bewegen ?
Altgriechisch Wörterbuch - Forum
Einige Angaben zum Kottabos-Spiel (531 Aufrufe)
Γραικύλος schrieb am 28.04.2020 um 17:23 Uhr (Zitieren)
Athenaios XV 665a – 666d berichtet ausführlich darüber:
[...] But since you are unacquainted with this line of research, allow me to begin by informing you that the game of cottabus was invented in Sicily, and that the Sicels came up with it, according to Critias the son of Callaeschrus [Κριτίας ὁ Καλλαίσχρου] in his Elegies, in the following passage:

The cottabus-stand is from the land of Sicily, a
preeminent manufacture;
we set it up as a target to shoot our wine-lees at.
[ὃν σκοπὸν ἐς λατάγων τόξα καθιστάμεθα]

Aristotle’s student Dicaearchus of Messene in his On Alcaeus [Περὶ Ἀλκαίου] says that latagê [λατάγη] is a Sicilian word. Latagê is the liquid left in a cup after its contents have been drunk; people playing the game would twist their hand and toss it upward in the direction of the kottabion [εἰς τὸ κοττάβιον]. But Cleitarchus in his essay On Vocabulary (claims that) Thessalians and Rhodians refer to the clatter (kottabos) produced by the cups as a latax [λάταξ]. Kottabos was also the term of the prize awarded the winners of any contest at a drinking party, as Euripides establishes in Oeneus , where he says the following:

They tried to hit the old man’s head with barrage
of Bacchic missiles; I myself was assigned
to garland whoever hit him, offering a kottabos as the prize.

The vessel into which they tried to throw the latages was also referred to as a kottabos, as Cratinus [Κρατῖνος] shows in Nemesis. Plato in Zeus Abused [ἐν Διὶ Κακουμένῳ] proves that cottabus was a type of game played by drunks, in the course of which those who made bad throws lost their clothing.
[...]

Mit Platon ist der Komödienschriftsteller, ein Zeitgenosse des Aristophanes, gemeint, nicht der Philosoph.

Antwort
Titel:
Name:
E-Mail:
Eintrag:
Spamschutz - klicken Sie auf folgendes Bild: Sonnenuntergang

Aktivieren Sie JavaScript, falls Sie kein Bild auswählen können.