α β γ δ ε ζ η θ ι κ λ μ ν ξ ο π ρ ς σ τ υ φ χ ψ ω Α Β Γ Δ Ε Ζ Η Θ Ι Κ Λ Μ Ν Ξ Ο Π Ρ C Σ Τ Υ Φ Χ Ψ Ω Ἷ Schließen Bewegen ?
Altgriechisch Wörterbuch - Forum
Kleinere Quellen zu den Hyperboreern #4 (678 Aufrufe)
Γραικύλος schrieb am 18.01.2021 um 00:03 Uhr (Zitieren)
9. Aelian: Über Tiere

The race of the Hyperboreans [Ἀνθρώπων Ὑπερβορέων γένος] and the honours there paid to Apollo are sung of by poets and are celebrated by historians, among whom is Hecataeus, not of Miletus but of Abdera. The many other matters of im-portance which he narrates I think there is no need for me to bring in now, and in fact I shall postpone the full recital to some other occasion, when it will be pleasanter for me and more convenient for my hearers.

The only facts which this narrative invites me to relate are as follows. This god has as priests the sons of Boreas and Chione, three in number, brothers by birth, and six cubits in height. So when at the customary time they perform the established ritual of the aforesaid god there swoop down from what are called the Rhipaean mountains Swans in clouds, past numbering, and after they have circled round the temple as though they were purifying it by their flight, they descend into the precinct of the temple, an area of immense size and of surpassing beauty.
Now whenever the singers sing their hymns to the god and the harpers accompany the chorus with their harmonious music, thereupon the Swans also with one accord join in the chant and never once do they sing a discordant note or out of tune, but as though they had been given the key by the conductor they chant in unison with the natives who are skilled in the sacred melodies.

Then when the hymn is finished the aforesaid winged choristers, so to call them, after their customary service in honour of the god and after singing and celebrating his praises all through the day, depart.

(XI 1)

Re: Kleinere Quellen zu den Hyperboreern #4
Johannes schrieb am 18.01.2021 um 13:43 Uhr (Zitieren)
Bei wikipedia gibt es eine Seite zum Thema:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperborea

Antwort
Titel:
Name:
E-Mail:
Eintrag:
Spamschutz - klicken Sie auf folgendes Bild: Regenbogen

Aktivieren Sie JavaScript, falls Sie kein Bild auswählen können.