α β γ δ ε ζ η θ ι κ λ μ ν ξ ο π ρ ς σ τ υ φ χ ψ ω Α Β Γ Δ Ε Ζ Η Θ Ι Κ Λ Μ Ν Ξ Ο Π Ρ C Σ Τ Υ Φ Χ Ψ Ω Ἷ Schließen Bewegen ?
Altgriechisch Wörterbuch - Forum
Texte zum Inzest-Tabu in der Antike #2 (458 Aufrufe)
Γραικύλος schrieb am 27.07.2021 um 23:54 Uhr (Zitieren)
4. Demosthenes: Rede gegen Eubulides

Call first, please, Thucritides and Charisiades; for their father Charisius was brother to my grandfather Thucritides and my grandmother Lysaretê, and uncle to my father(for my father had married his sister born of a different mother [ἀδελφὴν γὰρ ὁ πάππος οὑμὸς ἔγημεν οὐχ ὁμομητρίαν]).

(or. LVII 20)

5. Philon von Alexandria: De specialibus legibus

Next comes a prohibition against espousing a sister, a very excellent rule tending to promote both continence and outward decency (1).

Now Solon the lawgiver of the Athenians permitted marriage with half-sisters on the father’s side but prohibited it when the mother was the same [ὁ μὲν οὖν Ἀθηναῖος Σώλων ὁμοπατρίους ἐφεὶς ἄγεσθαι τὰς ὁμομητρίους ἐκώλυσεν]. The lawgiver of the Lacedaemonians (2), on the other hand, allowed the second but forbade the first.

But the lawgiver of the Egyptians poured scorn upon the cautiousness of both, and, holding that the course which they enjoined stopped half-way, produced a fine crop of lewdness. With a lavish hand he bestowed on bodies and souls the poisonous bane of incontinence and gave full liberty to marry sisters of every degree whether they belonged to one of their brother’s parents or to both, and not only if they were younger than their brothers but also if they were older or the same age.

(III 22 f.)

6. Plutarch: Themistokles

Von seiner Gemahlin Archippe, einer Tochter des Lysandros aus Alopeke, hinterließ Themistokles die drei Söhne Archeptolis, Polyeuktos und Kleophantos. [...] Themistokles besaß auch mehrere Töchter. Mnesiptolema, ein Kind seiner zweiten Gemahlin, wurde von ihrem Stiefbruder Archeptolis heimgeführt, Italia wurde die Gattin des Chiers Panthoides, Sybaris die des Atheners Nikomedes.

(32)

(1) Leviticus 17, 9; 20, 17
(2) Lykurgos

Antwort
Titel:
Name:
E-Mail:
Eintrag:
Spamschutz - klicken Sie auf folgendes Bild: Colosseum (Rom)

Aktivieren Sie JavaScript, falls Sie kein Bild auswählen können.